Moving in Policy (Flamborough Hockey Association Inc.)

PrintMoving in Policy

If you are moving to Flamborough and want your son or daughter to be eligible to attend Rep Tryouts the following guide will provide a step by step walk through of what’s required before attending tryouts.

Sample Letters:

OMHA to OMHA Residential Move





Playing rep/competitive hockey in Flamborough:

Flamborough is a residence restricted association, and fully abides by OMHA Regulation 3.3 governing that only confirmed residents of Flamborough shall be eligible to tryout, and be rostered to a Rep team.

Teams that fall under this regulation:

* Junior Sabres 

* U8 MD, U9 MD
* U10 - U18 AA and A


1. OHF TRANSFER-player is moving from another association outside of the OMHA (i.e. Alliance, GTHL, NOHA etc.)

2. OMHA TRANSFER-player is moving from an OMHA center to another OMHA center.

PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE CORRECT TRANSFER FORM BEFORE YOU BEGIN – if you are uncertain please contact [email protected]

Step 1: Obtain the necessary documents - each transfer form lists the mandatory supporting documentation required.

Step 2: Scan each document and signed transfer form

Step 3: Attach the documents in PDF format in an email TO: [email protected] (for OHF transfer your document package needs to be submitted to your outgoing association for processing)

Step 4:  OMHA approval can take time, once approval is received – you will be sent an email notifying you that you are now eligible to register your player to attend Rep Tryouts.

Important Note: This is an easy, straightforward and reasonably streamlined process if the requestor provides all mandatory supporting documentation, in the correct format, at the correct time. In the event one or more obligatory documents aren’t provided, no guarantee on response time exists, and it’s probable that the player will miss some/all tryouts. As with all things, the more documentation the better, so the more proof you can provide the higher the possibility of a quick approval. Finally, as per our Rules of Operation (Section 1.11), false residency claims and residency claims that cannot be substantiated will result in forfeiture of full registration fees.

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q. I am thinking about moving to Flamborough, but haven’t settled on a home/condo/rental. How does this impact me? A. Your player is not eligible to tryout for a Flamborough Rep Hockey until you satisfy all documentation requirements outlined above.

Q. I have purchased a home/condo/rental in Flamborough, but I don’t move in until after Tryouts. Is my player eligible to skate at Tryouts? A. Please contact [email protected] for next steps. Please provide players full name, DOB and new home address.

Q. We have joint custody of our player, and one parent is in Flamborough, the other is not – is my player eligible for tryouts under this circumstance? A. As long as you can satisfy all documentation requirements above, including an affidavit that proves more than 50% of the player’s time is spent with the Flamborough parent, and the player attends school in Flamborough, then the player will be eligible.

Q. Can I register before you approve my residency request? A. No – the Hockey Canada Registry will block all activity by Flamborough until such time that the residency request is processed.

Q. I don’t agree with this residency stuff and I am going to file a false move. A. You should be aware that every Residency/Move request and all documentation is thoroughly investigated by the OMHA, and any false claim or misleading information may result in player suspension for a prolonged period of time, regardless of association (Hockey Canada).

Q. What is the process between the FHA and the OMHA? I want to know more. A. Your documents will be reviewed by the FHA for completeness, accuracy and format. Should they pass this preliminary review, the FHA will upload each document to the player’s permanent member profile on the Hockey Canada Registry (HCR). Once each document has been uploaded and accepted by this secure program, an OMHA representative will review the submission for authenticity and completeness. The OMHA will then a)approve, b)decline, or c)investigate for possible fraud the move, and will notify the FHA accordingly. Once notified, the FHA will notify the member of the decision and next steps.

Q. I am moving into Flamborough but my player has no interest in Rep, and will not be trying out for a rep team, nor are they interested in being an affiliated player to a Rep Team – what process do I follow? A. Please contact [email protected] for next steps. Please provide players full name, DOB and new home address.